Sunday 20 June 2010

When the mind wanders...

I can't help but feel a massive rush of love every time I go to visit my 1 year old twin cousins, and their 4 year old sister!
They are actually so adorable!
It amazes me how small and fragile their bodies are, how innocent and pure their minds are, how sweet and cheeky they look when they smile and reach to hold your hand! They hold on to your finger with their little hands, and that's all the support they need, with that they feel comforted.
I wish the lives of adults were as simple, just holding someone's hand to feel okay!

I'm not saying I'm not okay, this is just an observation from today! haha!

I'm not broody either, heck I'm 18... waaaaaay too young for that shinanigins!!

It does intrigue me though, you know, how innocent their minds must be, not yet corrupted by the social and media storms that swirl around each of us within our daily lives.
Children have no set rules on how they go about their daily business... wanna play with my little pony, go right ahead, oh wait! I'm tired... time for my nap, and off to sleep they go!
They don't yet have cultural or social norms or values, anything goes. They don't yet have any perception of the media... they don't even know what it is (this is the twins, to be fair, the 4 year old knows everything about computers and the way sky works)

Imagine if we all just clicked re-start and all these spheres re-booted and morphed and changed into something completely new. Would it be the same as it is now? Is it inevitable that we are all interconnected by a single frame of mind?
I like to think this isn't the case.
I think the system would be the same, we'd all believe one main set of views, but maybe they would be altered! Or maybe this is all the will of a higher being than us, and everything is this way for a particular reason... maybe.

Maybe annoys me.... I want answers!!!!

I was also thinking today, whilst at work (I was seriously bored and on the verge of throwing something at someones head for pure entertainment value... think I'd get in trouble though), imagine how bad it would be if everyone spoke aloud what they were thinking in their mind.
I thought some pretty bad stuff today, and almost related this to the person it was aimed at, and then thought, oh s***!! shut up! haha!!
The secrets and innermost personal thoughts and feelings would all be on display, like literally wearing your heart (or mind rather) on your sleeve. Would this make social relationships any easier? Or would things be more scandalous and complicated than usual?

Who knows...

Back soon for more tickings of my oh so teenage mind <3

No comments:

Post a Comment