Tuesday 12 October 2010

The Sun In My Eyes and The World At My Feet

I always find it really hard to name a blog post so if this one doesn't really make much sense then I do apologise!

I feel like a women in melt-down today. Student life is hitting me, and by jove is it hitting me hammer strikingly hard.

I went out last night (story of my life) to 'THE WHITE RAVE'... basically a big student party where everyone wears white boilers suits and practically nothing underneath and squirt each other with bonkers UV paint! haha! It was such a good laugh, but I somehow thought it would be a good idea to drink a ridiculous amount. The pre-drinking is where it all started... I had a choice, apple sours shots or nice chilled bottle of wine. This time I chose the shots, for maximum effect hehehe. Feeling like a cheeky school-girl who has never done a shot before I lined up 8 shots on the kitchen table and drank my way to happy land where only green tounged monsters are allowed in. We then (me and my 2 housemates) went to a halls party where the drinking and chatting continued. It was here that I decided that this was the perfect moment to drink an entire bottle of wine, in an hour, to myself. We then headed to the party where I bought a number (4) of Jaeger Bombs. Smoooth.

Someone was very drunk last night.

And as a result I have not eaten properly all day. My stomach is still doing flips and it's half ten at night... bluughh. World of pain.

Today I have had 2 chocolate spread sandwhiches and a packet of skips, tried to eat some pizza, miserably failed. boo!

So, after waking up at about 12, the day proceeded in what I can only describe as the most un-productive day of my life where I just loll around feeling ill and sorry for myself, chat on the phone, try to eat, watch TV on my laptop (that's right NO TV! bluu) and try desperately to concentrate this fabulous new found energy on my uni work.
It didn't work. Turns out I'm crap with hangovers.

So now at half ten when all I wanna be doing is sleeping, I'm blog writing, after finishing three assignments in a row! woop! Living the dream.

Actually I know I probably won't sleep anyway, the worry of knowing that I am know living in my overdraft is freaking me right out.... ahh! I don't like that I can have a seemingly endless supply of money, but I have to pay it back afterwards... what happened to free love, free money anyone? I need to buy books, but my recent party animal and drinking habits which result in me eating the contents of the cupboards and needing more food, means that my supplys are running lower and lower below the poor line as I go and I can't afford them.

Changing the subject, the positive of my day is the music I have found a new love for... Hed Kandi Beach House... THE best album I ever bought. Chilled dance vibes mixed with funky house and gorgeous lyrics all blends into one chilled, yet still upbeat album. I skipped forward to the John James continuous mix.... SEXUAL! One hour of butterflies in the stomach. Have you ever listened to something and it reminds you of a feeling or emotion? That's just what this music does to me, I relax my body but inside there are memories circulating and clouding my vision of boring everyday life... all I can think of is the time or place it takes me back to, or the person :) It can actually be strong enough of a memory sometimes to make my day, or break me down. I love it! If you ever find the music that can do that to you, listen to it on repeat all day everyday... such a good feeling!!

Click here. Favourite track of the entire album.

"Who... keeps changing your mind" aahhhhh I LOVE IT!! Reminds me so much of listening to it on the beach on holiday, sandy feet, waves, palm tress ... bliss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment